"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg Lemond

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Paleo Week 3

Well 3 weeks in, and I am unsure of what to do next.  My running has stabilized to the point where I no longer feel like I don't have enough carbs in the tank and I am getting used to eating in this fashion on the regular.  Its just kinda become the norm for me to reach for a handful of almonds instead of making a PBJ for a snack.  I think I will give it a few more weeks, and as my ankle heals, test out the fat adaption during the long run.

Speaking of my ankle, I am taking my own patented "Clinthorne" approach to injuries, and just hammering away on it, in hopes of beating the weakness out.   No where near being back to normal enough to run trail, but I feel pretty good on the roads, as long as I pay attention to foot placement.

Monday:  Pissed I didn't get to run long this weekend.  7 miles at lunch.  10 in the evening.  Made a big pot of beanless Buffalo chili to eat during the weak.  Hillary thought it would be gross, until she tasted it.

Tuesday:  6.5 miles at lunch, only break during an all day experiment.  Forced myself onto the treadmill in the PM, at about 9:00 when I got home.  Ran 5.5 miles and gave up.

Wednesday:  6.5 miles in the AM before work.  10 miles when I got home.  Did 20/40's (Spring 20 seconds, rest 40 seconds) for the last 15 minutes of the PM run, dang that's hard.

Thursday:  Another busy day.  7 miles in the AM.  4.5 miles in the PM before taking a prospective student out to dinner, had a few beers, and decided I was not doing anymore running that night.

Friday:  14 miles in the AM.  Today, wearing Hokas, I felt invincible, and we had some beautiful weather.  Went for a nice 9 mile jog in the PM and nearly got run over 5-6x.  Stupid homecoming traffic, I can't believe these people graduated from college, they're terrible at driving.

Saturday:  Decided to try something new - spent 3 hours on the treadmill while watching the MSU football game.  An exciting game is a great way to pass time on the mill, but to make it more tedious, I set the incline at 15% and jogged btw 4-5 mph the entire time.  Football game went to overtime making the end of the run somewhat dangerous as I was not focusing on foot placement at all.   Ended up with 15 miles and some 8000 feet of vert.  A touch over 3 hours of running.

Sunday:  Legs were toasted up pretty good after yesterday.  10 miles in the AM, and 4 miles on the stairclimber (1 hour - 520 floors climbed) in the PM.  This was also a sufferfest, and I liked it.

Total of 107 miles without having gone long, but doing a lot of 2 a day runs.  Just happy my ankle isn't totally uncooperative.  No where near normal though.

Paleo FISH TACOS!!

Ingredients:

3 Tilapia Filets
2-3 multicolored peppers
1/2 vidallia onion
1/8 red onion
1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
1/2 lemon
1/4 cup cooking oil (Canola Oil)
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
4-6 lettuce leaves

1.  Dice your peppers and onions into small pieces
2.  Heat up a large sautee pan containing oil on medium
3.  Add peppers + onion and cook until soft (approximately 10-15 minutes)
4.  Add thawed Tilapia filets
5.  Cook Tilapia, allowing it to flake and break apart in the pan
6.  Add cilantro and other spices
7.  Allow to cook until Tilapia is cooked and has fallen apart and stirred into the rest of the mixture
8.  Squeeze lemon juice from 1/2 lemon into the dish and remove from heat.  Stir a few more times
9.  Serve on lettuce leaves from iceburg lettuce and garnish with sour cream, avacado and tobasco sauce.
10.  Enjoy

Nice colorful mixture of peppers and onion 

Cook until soft and colors are melded


Add Tilapia and cilantro

Tilapia flakes apart and cooks into this dish nicely

Serve on lettuce leaves

Dont forget avacado



No comments:

Post a Comment