"It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg Lemond

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Healthier Pumpkin Muffins

Being a carbohydrate monster, I like to supplement my diet with muffins.  One of my favorite fall recipes (although I make these year-round) is my pumpkin muffins.  The below recipe will make between 18-24 muffins.  I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao chips.  The walnuts are definitely optional.  I add the soy flour to give them a little extra protein and a slightly nutty taste.  Spray your muffin pan lightly with Pam or baking spray and bake on 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.




1.75 cups white flour
1.75 cups 100% whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
0.5 cups chopped walnuts
2 tablespoon canola oil
0.5 cups soy flour
2 eggs
30 oz pumpkin puree
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
120 grams chocolate chips
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cloves
A dash of cayenne pepper



Calories                        242
 

Total Fat                       7.0g
Saturated Fat                2.2g
Trans Fat                     0.0g
Cholesterol                   23mg
Sodium                         91mg
Total Carbohydrates     39.8g
Dietary Fiber                3.0g           
Sugars                          17.3g
Protein                          6.2g

Vitamin A 148% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 5% Iron 13%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

1 comment: